Our unique Big Builders enrichment program for preschool develops children’s motor, and spatial skills, while exploring geometric shapes and the animal kingdom using unique flexible parts.
e² Young Engineers believes that children best absorb these subjects through hands-on educational experience.
Using flexible pieces to assemble 3D models, the Big Builders enrichment program aims to enhance motor skills, challenging the children gradually.
The course will provide a hands-on educational experience – discovering basic engineering solutions. The course exposes children to engineering terminology, as well as terms taken from the animal kingdom, science and their current world. Children will develop self-learning skills, both in terms of building technique and knowledge. In addition, the children will develop communication skills while learning and playing with their friends.
Average lesson duration: 45 minutes
Suitable for ages: 4 – 6 years (Pre-school)
Program Main Topics
- Basic Construction and Mathematical Terms: Shapes, etymology, polygons, parts of a whole, moveable vs. rigid.
- Learning Abstract Terms: Imagination, friendship, belonging.
- Learning Natural Processes: Camouflage, migration, pollination, biological pest control, cycle of life.
- Physical Terms and Forces: Centrifugal force, gravity, torque, fulcrum, stability, friction, momentum, mechanical energy, balance, compaction, drive
e² Young Engineers believes that children best absorb the subjects taught in each lesson through play, utilizing unique models designed by our staff.
Big Builders Values
- Learn knowledge about the world and environment
- Enhance motor skills and a sense of community
- Encourage independent and creative thinking
- Develop a sense of self-efficacy and problem solving capabilities
- Develop spatial cognition
- Enhance team building skills
- Broaden horizons and acquire extensive general knowledge about the world.
- Develop fine and gross motor skills.
- Develop interpersonal communication skills.
- Encourage independent and creative thinking.
- Develop a sense of self-efficacy and problem solving capabilities.
- Develop spatial cognition.
- Develop a sense of social belonging.
- Improve expression capabilities.
- Develop skills for cooperative work and playing in groups.
Build and Investigate
- Models of basic geometric shapes
- Solar system structure
- Amusement park